Sunday, May 17, 2009

Great Ride / Team Journeyman Racing

This weekend was wild. I finally decided to join Facebook. In doing so, I found friends that I had lost touch with as many as 10-15yrs ago. It was really pretty cool hearing from so many people.

While doing this, I also 'friended' my riding friend Brad. Amazingly enough, I found out that we know all the same people. I'd never met Brad before a year ago, but there in his friend's page were a whole slough of people I grew up with.

Brad and I got his new bike out (a Gorgeous Scott Addict) and put in 42 miles. I bonked hard during the ride. Got to the point of feeling sleepy on the bike. Took me wayyyyy too long to get back up and running again. We finished well though. I gotta remember to eat better next ride.

While we were out riding, Brad told me about his informal team he's putting together. He calls it Journeyman Racing. He plans for it to be something of an all inclusive group without some of the elitest attitudes found on some teams. Should be a lot of fun. I may not be fast, but at least I participate!

No comments: