Friday, November 14, 2008

To race or not to race......

To race or not to race......

I got a flu shot a bit ago, and it appears I'm getting sick from it now. Spent the whole week coughing up nasty stuff and taking medicine to fight it off. Maybe with a little luck, I'll get over it Saturday.

I was going to head out to the Outdoors Inc. Cyclocross race on Mud Island, but now I'm not so sure. I have my bike setup and ready to go, but I'm afraid the motor is lacking.

On a positive note, I picked up a new saddle for the ride, as well as a new seatpost. I replaced the Kalloy junk post (from my junk stash) with a nice Ritchey post. Then, I replaced the crappy Trek saddle with the peeling cover for a nice Selle San Marco from the Peddler. Those two items took a half pound off my cross bike!!!

Gearing for the race is my question now. I'm thinking I'll end up going with a 39-18 as opposed to the 39-20 I have on there now..... We'll see.....

No comments: