Well, even though I won't get to ride it for a while, I have gotten my cyclocross bike ready for the season.
Using some parts from the stash, as well as some parts from ebay, I made a change to the bike that will hopefully be for the better.
When I originally built the bike, I built it as a singlespeed. Unfortunately, the only guys racing SS are super strong around these parts. As I had my bike geared, I could make the climbs, but would spin out massively on any fast section.
I decided to take a Dura Ace 9sp shifter and cassette and gear the bike. I also had a chain without much use. I added a 42 tooth QBP ring and bashguard to the setup, and an NGear jumpstop to keep the chain on.
I really don't want to know how much weight I added, but on the few brief spins around the neighborhood I've gotten, it feels geared right for our races.
Hopefully it will suit me well!!!