Friday, October 22, 2010

Cyclocrunk 2010 #2.....

Well, I guess I just was not 'crunk' Tuesday night.

Great evening. Rained just enough during the day to drop the temp comfortably, and to knock down the dust.

The course was the same except they double the distance of the runs on the barriers, and they doubled the length of the sand pit.



I left work very late and pulled up to the race with just enough time to dress and ride a couple practice laps. Alas, it was not to be. I had some pretty good dismounts going, but I just plain could not run. Felt like I had lead in my shoes, so every dismount just knocked me flat.

After 5 laps, I pulled off the course and took my helmet off to watch. To my amazement, as I rolled up to one of the spectator areas, I was standing there with 5 other riders who had pulled out. I guess I was not the only one who DNF'ed......

Next week will be better.