Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wolf River Night Ride

I was dying to get out and ride, but the doggone time change has made that nearly impossible.

The guys from the Journeyman Race team shot me a message and mentioned that they were going out for a Tuesday night ride at the Wolf River trails. I thought it looked like a great opportunity to get out and turn the pedals over....

Bad news was that I don't have any good lights. In the end, I rode with an old set that put out approximately 15 lumens. This was in comparison to my buddies who were riding with combineds sets of 700-1000 lumens!!!!!!! Needless to say, I outran my lights pretty quickly.

The ride was really fun though. Fun enough for me to go buy some new lights! Charles and Shawn were fast as ever, Same for Billy until he ate it hard and bruised a rib or something, so he slowed a bit. Kurt was ripping along pretty good until some wierd shifting problems slowed him a bit.

All in all, it was a kickass ride, and my first ride on the trails with lights since I was in college!

No comments: