Saturday, June 13, 2009

Shelby Forest Road Ride

After the weather last night, I should have figured that the park would be trashed. Memphis had 80 mph winds heading towards it, and the river bluffs where Shelby Forest resides were the first to feel the brunt of the weather.

Mark and I headed out into the park and hit Jackson Hill. I ended up walking up part of it again. However, Mark's Garmin told us that the steepest part of the hill is at least a 20% grade!!!!!!!!

We continued on and did another 20+ miles before heading back into the park. Once back, we decided to hit the 3 Pigs. I think I got SwineFlu on the 3 Pigs too! His Garmin put the hills at 18%, 16% and 14% respectively. I did well on those hills, but they kicked my arse.

Back out of that section of the park, and out onto Watkins again to push our mileage up to 44 miles. I would have liked to continue, but my head was pounding by then.....

All in all, it was a fun ride.

No comments: