Sunday, March 29, 2009

2009 Wolfman Duathlon

I'd been getting ready for this event for a few months now. It has been 17 years since I did a running event. Plenty of cycling, but no running.

Well, my buddy who did the running leg of our team last year had another event to get to, so I had to do it on my own.

As can be expected, my running leg stunk. I think my time was 36:30 for 3 miles..... sheesh.... However, when I got on the bike, things really opened up. I passed a ton of people and really felt pretty good rolling along.

Unfortunately, I then got passed on the last run by many of the people I passed on the bike. C'est la vie!

All in all, it was a really good time though. I got to see a bunch of the guys from the MSTA forum and shoot the bull with 'em.

Next year, I'm going to do even better..... : )

No comments: