Saturday, July 30, 2011

Great Riding Bike!!!

Well, last week, I took the Colnago to my usual group ride out in Collierville. The usual suspects were there and they were ready to roll out hard. This group has been steadily getting up to about 20 to 21 mph and that pace is pretty hard for me....

The new bike definitely attracted attention. People were pretty impressed with its condition, and also with the fact I was going to ride it on the group ride.

We took off and I had no issues keeping up. My buddy Paul had warned me (from on board his Cervelo) that the downtube shifters would be an issue. They weren't. Frankly, I never once had an issue with shifting. I got 'the feel' of it quickly and had no issues whatsoever.

In the end, the thing that caused me the most trouble was the single bottle cage and its location. Its much lower than my other ride, so while reaching for my bottle, I managed to drop a bottle a mile from the finish and that kept me from finishing with the group.

Who says vintage bikes can't keep up with modern equipment!!!

2 comments:

Jez Andrews said...

Glad you're enjoing the bike and it doesn't suprise me that it turns heads. Your excuse for not finishing with the group is shocking!!!.....dropping the your bottle a mile from the finish!!! Hahaha.

Jez.

www.followingthechainline.blogspot.com

Jeremy said...

Good excuse, ain't it! I really was with the group 'til then. I should have ridden to the finish and then back.....