Thursday, February 5, 2009

Tennessee Bicycle Law

The other day, I was talking with a non-cycling friend. It was an interesting conversation. He 'quoted' to me what he believed TN cycling law to actually be and informed me how horrible all my cycling friends were.

I had to agree with them that they were/are bad if they break the law. That however was where the agreement ended.

I had serious issue with what his interpretation of the law actually was. First off, in TN we are viewed the same as motorists. Next, TN is a two abreast state. IE, we can ride two abreast when riding. Finally, we are allowed to ride on the road. There is nothing in the TN code that says we can't.

If you'd like to read more, this site has all of the cycling related code extracted and presented for easy use.

http://kba.tripod.com/tncode.htm

No comments: